Thursday, August 28, 2014

Raccoons and Peanut Butter Sandwiches



Jim Blackwood: "I have thousands of hits of this video, just to clarify these raccoons have been raised from babies and I have been doing this for 12 years. I have never been bitten, no damage has ever been done to my property. They get along with pets. They are vaccinated and treated for fleas and ticks. they get fresh food and water 7 days a week. In winter they hibernate naturally in the woods in their dens and come back in the spring. Most of these coons started out as abandoned babies which would otherwise and starved to death had I not intervened. The local wildlife rehabilitator is aware of my efforts and give me advise. If any are injured they are seen to right away. This just a note to clarify some of the negative comments made in my efforts. I do allow them to come into my dining room only supervised of course and back out they go. One more note they defecate in the woods and not on my property anywhere. I have never had to clean up after them. Also they have a wading pool to wash and bathe in and the water is changed daily. Their drinking water is changed three times a night. There food is a three course meal each night. My oldest Raccoon is age Ten. Thank you for watching. - One more thing I wish to add. There has never been a case of rabies in Nova Scotia concerning raccoons. They get the feline distemper virus which is fatal for them which they are vaccinated for."

No comments: